Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sasha's first swim




My neighbor Brenda took us to a great dog park in Northern Virginia along a creek. There, people wade into the water with their dogs, and there were a lot of people there last week when we went (temps were broaching 100). I wasn't sure if Sasha would get into it, but there she was, slowly walking into the water... AHEAD of me! She was doing great, even started swimming, until 3 big dogs, all playing together, ran by and scared the hell out of her. The problem wasn't the dogs per se. But rather, since she was swimming, she couldn't do her usual "duck for cover." She couldn't do anything. And it scared her. So she swam over to me and held on to my leg for dear life.



I didn't get any vide of the dog attack, but did get a nice clip of her wading into the water, with not a care to the world. Hopefully next time we go I can find a quieter area, and give her another chance.

blog comments powered by Disqus